Job Description | Crew Leader
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
To clearly outline the responsibilities and expectations associated with the Crew Leader (CL) position at Testerman’s Home Services
The Crew Leader position is a key role at Testerman’s Home Services. You are the glue that holds
our operations together. You are the customer’s touch-point, the one-to-one contact between them and THS as a company. You set the benchmarks in performance, leadership and professionalism that Field Technicians aspire to.
Crew Leaders set the tone each and every day for work ethic, over-the-top customer service, and a team-first approach to our work out in the field.
- Efficiently operate a crew of two to three technicians, ensuring that all THS standard operating procedures are followed.
- Coordinate timely arrival and completion of all scheduled work each day.
- Coordinate appropriate load-out of work vehicle(s) each day.
- Look for opportunities to increase daily revenue through simple up-sells and additional scheduled work (when ahead of schedule).
- Meet revenue targets each day
- Ensure that all work meets or exceeds THS’s quality standards.
- Ensure that customer is extremely pleased with the experience.
- Initiate excellent communication with customer before, during and after the service appointment.
- Ensure that all Field Technicians behave in a way that increases the customer’s confidence and comfort level.
The Crew Leader is responsible for ongoing field training of Senior Technicians and Junior Technicians under his care:
○ Training in over-the-top customer service.
○ Training in efficient field operations.
○ Training in personal accountability and a team-first approach to everything we do.
- Ensure that any lost or left-behind equipment is accounted for, reported to management, and retrieved in a timely manner where possible.
- Ensure that all THS standard operating procedures are followed to the letter
- Work with the Operations Manager to complete the Vehicle Loadout Checklist and the Vehicle Appearance Checklist as scheduled.
- Communicate with the Office Manager regarding schedule and job updates, customer communication, and any other relevant information.
Key Skills And Qualities
The Crew Leader must display a number of key skills and qualities to be effective. This is a fast paced, sometimes hectic work assignment. Most importantly, the CL must be able to care for our customers in an exceptional way at all times, regardless of circumstances. Balancing high production with excellent customer service is the ultimate goal of the Crew Leader. Below are some key qualities that Testerman’s Home Services looks for in OFM candidates:
- Ability to efficiently direct others on the team
- Efficient use of time and resources
- Positive, friendly demeanor, even when faced with negativity or hostility
- Confidence in personal ability
- Proactive decision making
- A collaborative mindset when it comes to working with the THS team- easy to work with
A love for serving others